This project is intended to be a "model" for how industry partners can work together with educators to provide application of skills to real life jobs and professions in our community for both teachers and students. I would like to arrange an on-site tour of the industry partners facility followed by a short activity, co-designed by myself and the industry partner that will model how school knowledge and skill s can be applied in real life.
- provide the classroom context for the activity
- provide the job skill relevancy and real-world context based on your work and the work of your organization as well as a short tour of your facility. This will require about 30-60 minutes of collaboration time sometime during the week of March 12-15. This can be via phone or in person.
The actual tour/activity will occur during the week (April 23-27), it will take place at the industry partner location.
This activity will possibly be used again by the attending teachers.
How does this company use STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) in their business?
- What skills learned in an academic K-12 education are valuable to this industry?
- What activities and classroom interactions with this industry can inspire and challenge students to pursue this career path? (this is a joint answer that will be developed by educators & industry professional)
- What education is necessary for your job?
- What do you love about your job? What is the most challenging?
- Work with me to develop an activity that connects the skills and knowledge of your profession with the academic curriculum on a K-12 classroom. This is a joint activity. You will provide the industry context of skills & I will provide the academic context of what students are learning in the classroom. Together we will create a model activity that would demonstrate how industry can provide real-world context to the academic subjects that students learn in the classroom.
- This will require about 30-60 minutes of time during the week of March 12-16 to collaborate with me.
- The session will take place during the week of April 23-27 at the industry partners location.
04/23/2018 07:30 PM Eastern Time
2500 Country Club Road ,
Approximate location shown on map below
CLACKAMAS EDUCATIONAL SERVICE DISTRICT
InPerson Session Type
Classes or Programs
Teacher Professional Development
No. of Students
Oil and Energy
video game design
Occupational Health and Safey
Information Technology and Services
Hospital & Health Care
Defense and Space
Aviation & Aerospace
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Energy and Agriculture
Energy and Environmental Technology
STEM Career Planning
Test & Measurement Instrumentation
Manufacturing Automation Systems
Aviation & Aerospace
Data Analysis and Application
Measurement & Evaluation
design & development
math and science application